- Facebook is the leading social media site in news. Followed closely by Youtube and Twitter.
- The majority of users spread the news by re posting the video, image or story. However others will talk about it, or post their own video or picture of a news worthy event.
- Most people discover the news by using a social media site, the site will have a link or some information about a topic and from there the user can choose weather or not they wish to learn about it.
- On Facebook the most viewed subjects are entertainment, events in a community, or sports; the least viewed however is business.
- People however still prefer to talk about the news in person rather then over social media.